MotioninJoy is a proprietary set of drivers available for Microsoft Windows, for the Sony DualShock 3 (DS3) controller. Due to various problems, it is recommended to use SCP Driver Package instead.
- Multiple controller types available to emulate (DS1, DS2, DS3, Xbox, custom)
- Bluetooth support
- Malware: Is known to load sh.com, a Chinese schooling website, in your browser when you open the included application, DS3 Tool (required to use the controller).
- It overrides your USB and Bluetooth drivers (Such as the Logitech Unifying Receiver), and can render them useless until you remove MotioninJoy and uninstall its associated drivers.
- Must open DS3 Tool every time you plug your controller in.
- Must select a profile each time.
- Updated very infrequently.
- Is very difficult to remove once installed.
Firstly uninstall it through Control Panel.
Next run the Command Prompt as an administrator and type this:
Find MotioninJoy in the list that comes up and type:
pnputil.exe -f -d oem#.inf
Replace the # with MotioninJoy's number. If you had problems with Bluetooth devices after installing MiJ you should now reinstall your original Bluetooth drivers.
Finally, delete C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MijXfilt.sys to get rid of the driver file.
NOTE: MiJ will still be in your registry even after this, it shouldn't cause any problems, but you may want to open regedit and delete anything tied to MotioninJoy.
Un-Installation Instructions with an overridden Bluetooth driver
This method is confirmed to work in Windows 7 64-bit with a Logitech Unifying Receiver.
Like in Method 1, uninstall the MotionInJoy application from Control Panel. Then navigate to Devices and Printers and find the device that does not work. In the case of the Logitech Unifying Receiver, the device will appear in the list under its specific or a general name, but will not function properly.
Right click the device and select Properties. Select the Hardware Tab, then click the Properties button.
In the new window, click Change Settings, authenticate, then click the Driver tab. Click Uninstall.
IMPORTANT STEP: On the dialog that pops up, check the box that asks if you want to delete the device software as well. Click Okay.
Remove and reinsert your Bluetooth hardware.
SCP Driver Package is an open-source driver which allows for the DS3 to natively work on Microsoft Windows. It includes:
- Filter Driver + Wrapper (discontinued)
- XInput Driver (can use USB and Bluetooth)
The XInput Driver is currently the recommended version to use.
If you have problems with the above driver package or if (for some reason) you MUST use MiJ:
- Better DS3 is an improved frontend for MiJ that doesn't have advertising or stupid malware. It's worse than the SCP Driver Package, but better than nothing.