- MAME and MESS sets.
- No-Intro (2016-01-03) for cartridge based systems. Requires login.
- Redump 3DO
- Redump PS1 USA set. Requires login.
- Redump PS1 PAL sets. Torrent only.
- Redump GameCube USA set.
- Redump Saturn Complete set (2015-09-13). Includes manuals and magazines. Requires login.
- Dreamcast set (2016-06-13). Missing 19 games. Includes manuals.
- Redump Sega CD set for all regions. Includes DAT files to verify with ClrMamePro.
- TOSEC (The Old School Emulation Center) sets.
- Vintage Software Many DOS collections and older games.
- Hint: add an / after the zip/rar/tar extension in the URL links for the direct downloads to view that archive's contents online and download them individually instead of the whole obscenely huge data blob.
- Gamulator Variety of ROM's for almost all consoles including GBA, Nintendos, Sega's and more.
- Atarimania Contains a complete Atari 2600 ROM set.
- The ISO Zone Many systems and PC
- Planet Emulation Very old, weekly updated and classy French ROM site, full MAME CHDs, also good for GBA ROMs. Just click on "Telecharger" for download.
- Emuparadise Good for No-Intro sets (Require registration). Hosts a lot of bad disc rips with no indication (avoid the PSX section, often times they don't work with Mednafen).
- Doperoms Has some Redump PSX/GCN among other things.
- ROM Hustler Has Renascene PSP dumps. Various platforms, mostly handhelds.
- Nyaa Torrents Useful for Japanese games.
- World of Spectrum For ZX Spectrum games and applications as well magazines, cover art, booklets, and much more.
- MAME Directly from the MAME site. Games that were released with permission for free and non-commercial use.
- Nitroblog PS3, VITA, Wii and PC games for download. if you come here for PlayStation 3 games and wanna play them on RPCS3.
- CDRomance Ex-Nicoblog contains their PSP ISOs and PSX2PSP eboots collection but also PS2, PS1, Gamecube, NDS, GBA, GB, SNES, losts of romhacks and English patched games.
- Replayers The most complete SEGA Dreamcast collection in BOTH CD & GDI formats. But also Sega CD, 32X, Genesis, FDS, ScummVM games, old MS-DOS and Windows 95 games.
- PSNdl PSN Packages direct from Sony. Can get official psx eboots here. Decrypt the files with psnpkgdecryptor-extractor
- Portal Roms Torrent site for ROMs and ISOs. Mostly Nintendo stuff. Especially good for Wii U, Wii, and no-intro 3DS.
- RomToHome ~50kB/s downloads, but has proper scene releases for a variety of consoles including (but not limited to) Wii U, Wii, PS2, 3DS, DS and PSP.
- ALL NTSC WiiWare titles
- RuTracker Account required for some stuff, site entirely in Russian, use translate if you really need to.)
- Romulation Useful for Wii, GameCube, NDS, PS2 etc, may be no-intro rips. (Account required - use bugmenot or make one with a temp email account)
- Pleasuredome Great private tracker for getting full sets of many systems (No-Intro, Goodsets, Trurip, Redump, TOSEC). Does not allow newer systems. Strict ratio site that requires you to maintain a positive upload to download ratio.
User Uploaded Direct-Download (Forum post) Sites*
Use some common sense while downloading!
- 3dschaos.com 3DS games, including 3DS Cia and Roms; but also retro Nintendo games like NES, N64, GBA.
- wiiuchaos.com Wii U games
- pspiso.com PSP and PS1 games
- wiiso.com Mostly Wii games, but also other Nintendo games
- ps3iso.com Many 'premium-only' links.
- 3dsiso.com 3DS games
- warez-bb.org General warez site.
- Rom Shepherd Great site to request or fill requests for ROMs. Also has an invite only tracker, but do not ask for an invite on the forums, only privately.
*All require registration.
Getting Wii U and 3DS titles
- Download an NUS downloader such as WiiU USB Helper
- Get the zip file with all the currently dumped .tiks from the mega link under TIK DATABASE on this page then open it in WiiU USB Helper (just drag the entire zip file to the WiiUSBHelper)
- You may need to sign in to view the forum post. User: gfyjhiuhiuh Pass: zTqE1yf56NGemZR (Alternatively just use a bugmenot password)
- Alternatively, just paste this URL into WiiU USB helper - https://wiiu.titlekeys.com/ - although it'll give you a lot of download titles as well, which may not work on cemu (the .tik zip contains only retail disc games) THIS CONTAINS DLC and the .tik database doesn't.
- Select the game you want to download, click get it and then download games
- This will download the files for the game you chose (the same as the .tik's title). May I suggest that you choose your own region where possible, so the download is quicker (from your regional servers)
- Now we need to convert the game into loadiine format so that you can load it in Cemu
- Simply right click your newly downloaded game, then click Unpack/Convert to Loadiine
- Load the .rpx file from [Your gamelocation]/code/[yourgame].rpx with cemu
If you have a 3DS with the ability to run ARM9 homebrews (such as .firm files):
- Get GodMode9. You can use it to generate a CIA from installed games on your 3DS, generate a CIA, 3DS, or NDS from a game card, decrypt it...
Verifying Good Dumps
- Main article: File_Hashes#Determining_Good_Game_Dumps
Game recommendations are highly subjective, but big lists like these usually cover the worthwhile games for each system.
- /v/'s Recommended Games Wiki
- Retro-Sanctuary's Top 100 Lists
- Racketboy's Defining Games
- Racketboy's Hidden Gems
Searching for ISOs
A lot of the above sites have ISOs for disc-based games, but some of the more obscure titles can be hard to find. If you want to find these games, searching for their ID number is generally more effective than searching for their title. Both Mobygames and GameFAQs will list these under the game's release information. This number is region specific and is very useful if you want to find an ISO from a specific region.
These can sometimes come in handy when you need download lots of links and you can't be bothered to manually deal with 13 different parts every 20 minutes, they are also sometimes a necessity when you're faced with a .DLC file, you will then need something like JDownloader to download what you're after. Below are just some of the more popular Downloaders.
NOTE: DO NOT install JDownloader with the web installer, it contains toolbars, adware, malware, etc. Use the offline installers.
pyLoad - An alternative for JDownloader that does not require Java to be installed, it's open-sourced too.