PCSX-Reloaded is a plugin-based PlayStation emulator.
PCSX-R is the best choice if you want to play 3D games at higher resolutions. If you encounter glitches or you're emulating a 2D game, use Mednafen instead. Check Recommended PS1 Plugins for plugin configurations.
The PGXP fork adds texture perspective correction, reduced polygon culling, and reduced polygon jitter (more so than mainline PCSX-R's GTE hack). Mainline has a major issue where a hack written for WipeOut causes slowdowns in many games. This is fixed by making the hack an option (in CPU settings; off by default), and also adds an option for CPU overclocking. It is recommended to use this fork until mainline fixes this issue.
- Support for PeteOpenGL2Tweak
- Native multitrack Cue sheet support
- Disk tray opening and closing for games that require it
- A widescreen hack in the CPU options (3D games only)
- Controller plugin support
- Compatibility with anti-jitter options in graphics plugins, such as GTE accuracy in the default Peops OpenGL plugin, or Improved coordinate accuracy in Edgbla gpuBladeSoft and it also supports Pete OpenGL2 plugin.
- Suppport for ECM files (currently only OSX and Linux version)
- Support for Libarchive (currently only OSX and Linux version)
- Save Rewind feature (currently only OSX and Linux version)
- F1: Save state
- F2: Switch to next save slot
- F3: Load state
- F4: Display state screenshot
- F5: Toggle SIO IRQ
- F6: Toggle Black & White decoders
- F7: Toggle XA
- F8: Take a game screenshot
- F9: Open the Disc tray
- F10: Close the Disc tray
- ESC: Return to the main window
- Ctrl 1 to 5: Save state 1 to 5
- Alt 1 to 5: Load state 1 to 5
- Alt 0: Load state from last ESC quit
Keybinds in LilyPad
To get hotkeys to work, like using the esc key: in the keyboard Input API (radio buttons in the top left of the LilyPad options), choose raw input.
Default plugin on Windows
The default GPU plugin that comes with PCSX-R mostly doesn't work on Windows. Check Recommended PS1 Plugins for plugin configurations.
Some games (like Final Fantasy) allow you to save in the "Disc Change screen". For games that don't allow that (like Metal Gear Solid), disc switching can be a bit tricky:
- Press F9 to open Disc tray
- Press Esc to go to PCSX-R menu
- Emulator → Switch ISO...
- Emulator → Run
- Press F10 to close Disc tray
OS X disc switching
The process for switching discs on OS X is slightly different:
- Go to File → Eject…
- For physical CDs:
- The physical CD will eject.
- Replace the CD that was ejected.
- Close the drive: PCSX-R will wait for a new CD to be inserted and resume when a new one is available. NOTE: The current release version does not wait for a new CD. An svn build will work better.
- For ISOs:
- A file selection window will come up.
- Select your new ISO.
- Click the "Open" button.